Worship service is held at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday morning.
Central United Methodist Church’s Core Values
• Do justice, love kindness, walk humbly with God.
• Love God, with all of our heart, mind and soul,
and our neighbors as ourselves.
• Treasure and support learning and growing in faith.
• Do our best to live out the healing work of Jesus
in this broken world.
• Be thankful in all things.
• Treat everyone with respect, kindness and equality.
• We are the Body of Christ.
• God is with us and strengthens us.
• Nothing can separate us from the love of God in
• What we know about God, we see in Jesus Christ
• All people are loved by God.
• God forgives us unconditionally and calls us to
• There is power in prayer.
• The Bible is our spiritual guide.
• Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
Central United Methodist Church has drawn the faithful to downtown Lansing for 170 years . We are diverse in economic status, racial mixture, sexual orientation, religious viewpoints, and political thought. Central is a safe place for all to express their viewpoints within Christian love and respect for each other.
We reach out in church, on the AM radio (1240 WJIM), on TV, and on the internet.
Coffee time offers warm hospitality immediately following worship.
To be with us in church, there is ample parking on the street (with handicap spaces reserved), in lots on the north and west side of the church (across from the capitol) and in the state ramp around the corner west of the church.
We share the mission of the United Methodist Church worldwide: “To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.” For us, that means following Christ.
Jesus was born, crucified, and has risen for us—that we might be builders of God’s vision for the world. That vision is a world of peace and reconciliation that Christ can bring. It is a world in Christ where there is sharing of abundance with the poor and a place in Christ where there is dignity for all people. God’s vision includes a future and relationship with Christ, who is our hope for the future for the world. In Christ, God’s love is shown. In our life together as his church, God’s love is known. Come, be a part of the heart of Christ in the heart of Lansing and be builders of God’s dream with us. Come and add your voice to a place where love grows.
A video highlighting the Church and celebrating 125 years…